Pages


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vintage Lace & Burlap....

To all of my fellow junkers..we all know that we have been in love with Vintage lace and burlap since the day we were born.  Seems as though the craze has left our brains and seeped into new comer's brains as well.

I'm a sucker for natural colors, and nuetral colors.  If I could do my whole house in rustic wood and White..with a little burlap, I would!  With lots of LACE!!  But seeing I have 2 kids, 2 dogs and a man to tend to, that's nearly impossible right now.  A girl can dream..

Yesterday I needed to relieve some stress.  I really need to add to my home decor collection over at the shop.  So I wanted to make some wall crosses.  Since the hubs decided it would be fun, to trash all my scrap wood, I was left with this:


It's a small shelf unit I found in a storage shed in Some town outside of San Antonio.  The hubs insisted it was not solid wood and that my idea would not work.  REALLY?  Cuz i think it just did!  Never under estimate a woman with a Saw in her hand and a determined mind.  I know some of you can relate.  I hacked into this as you can see. 

Below is what I made out of it.  Of course after I sanded it, painted it, and added my vintage lace, burlap, and some glittered fabric, along with a vintage broach.

EnJoy!  yes, this beauty is up for Sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment